'Tis the season that keeps us busy but gives us reasons to dress up! We were feeling in a hair rut so we gathered our favorite hairstyles for this holiday season. From date night to your office party, we have you covered!
1. Brush hair out and part your hair down the middle.
2. Take each section and french braid the hair all the way down to the crown of your head. Tip! This can be difficult, our advice is to do this in the mirror so you can see the back of your head. Secure with an elastic at each end.
3. Once you have both sides braided, remove each elastic. Be sure to keep a hold of each section of hair and then combine the ends into one ponytail and secure with an elastic.
1. We’re going to start on the left side and work our way to the right. Take a small section of hair and secure it with an elastic, make sure it’s not too tight and that it looks how you want from the front before moving on.
2. Secure another small section right next to the first and tie it off with a clear elastic.
3. Spilt the tail of first section of hair in half.
4. Place the tail of the second section through the middle. Secure the tail with a duck bill clip.
5. Make a third section, just like the first two, except add the tails from the first section to it. Continue this process until you reach the other side of your head, about 5 or 6 sections.
6. Secure it with clear elastic.
7. Tug and pull on the sections of hair to add volume to the “braid”.
8. Once you’ve reached the other side of your head, add an elastic to the top section of hair and pull the bottom section up and through it. Continue the pull through braid down the tails of the hair.
9. Wrap the tail underneath the main horizontal braid and secure with a large roller pin or bobby pins.
10. Tug and pull on the sections of hair until it’s as big and fluffy as you’d like. Make sure to use enough hairspray and secure any pieces with bobby pins.
For full tutorial, see Twist Me Pretty.
We LOVE this look from Luxy! As they describe it "A little bit bohemian, effortless and feminine - this hairstyle is perfect for your holiday parties or any special event."
1. Add dry shampoo if your hair needs to have texture added.
2. Then, divide your hair into two sections, like you’re doing a half-updo. Back comb underneath the top half and smooth over the top. This will give you lift in the front.
3. Pin the newly teased section (make sure the top layer is smooth, to cover the mess) with a couple (or more, if you need them) of bobby pins. You can give the bump a little boost if you want – you don’t have to just rely on the teasing.
4. Divide the lower section into two parts and braid. Secure with small elastics.
5. Pull each braid to the opposite side of your head. Secure with bobby pins. You can tuck the ends underneath each braid.
For full tutorial, check out Keiko Lynn.