It’s time to show your incredible husband all the love and appreciation he deserves! This year, National Husband Appreciation Day falls on April 15, and showing appreciation to your husband should come very naturally on this day (as well as the rest of the year!). To celebrate the lucky man in your life, set up a special date night for the two of you to enjoy each other’s company. Whether it be reminiscing on your wedding video, creating a scrapbook for him filled with memories between the two of you, or cooking him a delicious meal, today’s the day for him to relax and absorb all the love you give him! Try one of our favorite go-to date night recipes below!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and cleaned with tails off (I prefer 12-15 count shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the butter and heat over medium-high heat to melt.
- Stir in the garlic powder.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes total, or until just pink and cooked through. Flip shrimp halfway through cooking. Cooking time will vary based on size of shrimp and pan used; don't overcook or shrimp will become rubbery and tough.
- Add the lemon juice, optional lemon zest, and stir briefly to combine.
- Turn the heat to low, add the pasta to skillet with the shrimp, and toss to combine and coat. Taste, check for seasoning balance, and make any desired tweaks (add more salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, etc.). Serve immediately. Dish is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently prior to serving.