If you're looking to add a little spice to your weekly dinner routine you need to try our favorite mango chicken curry recipe! The curry adds that touch of spice you crave, while cooling you down with the sweet addition of mangoes and coconut milk. Ready in only 45 minutes, this curry is perfect for those late work nights and makes plenty of leftovers for you to enjoy the rest of the week! (Recipe courtesy of Genius Kitchen)
- In a deep frying pan or Dutch oven heat 1/3 cups of vegetable or peanut oil over medium heat until hot. Add 3-4 tbsp. of red curry paste (or yellow curry paste for more spice) and 2 cloves of crushed garlic until the garlic becomes fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in 2, 14 oz. cans of full fat coconut milk and 1 cup of chicken broth. Reduce heat to simmer, add 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast (cut into bite size pieces), and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, discard the garlic. Add 1 inch of fresh ginger cut in thick slices, 1 large onion coarsely chopped, and 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add 1 large mango (peeled, pitted, and cut into strips), 1, 14 oz. can of straw mushrooms (drained), 6 tbsp. fish sauce, and 3 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- When heated through, serve over individual plates of hot rice. Garnish with cilantro if desired.