We’re excited it’s summertime and we love entertaining! The beautiful summer weather creates the perfect atmosphere for a gathering, whether it be with family, friends, or a significant other.
If you’re hosting outside, create an ambiance with some fairy lights strung around the yard and a comfy blanket thrown on the patio furniture for when it gets a little chilly after sunset. To stay out all night stargazing with no worries, we love this DIY Bug Spray.
The smell of bug spray is almost as pesky as bugs, so here’s a DIY recipe for some spray that’s more enjoyable!
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 20 drops of lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 30 drops of geranium essential oil
- 30 drops of citronella essential oil
- ½ cup of water or vinegar
- ½ cup of natural witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin (optional)
Once you have all your ingredients start by putting all the essential oils in a spray bottle with the rubbing alcohol and shake. Next, add the witch hazel and shake again. If you decide to use vegetable glycerin add it now, if not no worries! Finish it off by adding the water and shaking once more. Voila! You have some homemade bug spray that smells lovely and is chemical free- just remember to shake the bottle before each use!
Even if you’re entertaining outside, that doesn’t mean your inside can’t be just as nice! In your bathroom you can create a little assortment of goodies for your guests to use when they have to make a pit stop. Include some room spray, mints, and individual face cloths rather than just one towel. These DIY summer soaps add the cutest touch to your bathroom!
DIY Summer Soap
These individual soaps are great to give as gifts or to keep for yourself! Plus, they’re 100% customizable.
- Cute soap molds (we think these flowers are perfect for summer!)
- Clear glycerin soap
- Soap colorant of your choice (can easily be found on amazon or your local craft store!)
- Soap scent or essential oil of your choice
All you have to do is melt your glycerin soap in a glass container. Once it’s melted you want to mix in the colorant and scent you chose, then pour it in a mold. Once it hardens, your soap is ready!