How is it possible that next week is already Thanksgiving?! 2018 has completely flown by in a total whirlwind. With that being said, we’re finding ourselves completely unprepared in the fashion department for the big family dinner next week. Thanksgiving is definitely one of those holidays where you have to balance the comfortable with the fashion… how else would you be able to eat all that turkey and take a nap immediately after? This year, we’re all about the big, chunky knit sweaters. These babies are super comfortable and totally in season but look beautiful too! You have such a range of colors to choose from and can pair them with anything from ripped jeans to leggings. It all depends on your personal style and how casual you’re looking to be.
Every year you are stuck with way more Thanksgiving leftovers than wanted, and you can’t fathom eating another plate of turkey and mashed potatoes. We don’t blame you, so we helped you out of the boring leftover rut! We’ve found over twenty recipes to elevate your Thanksgiving leftovers to fun and tasty meals and snacks you’ll be excited to try!
Last minute change of plans has you rushing to get the house decorated in a short period of time? We’ve rounded up our favorite easy DIYs and free printable décor items to help you get entertainment-ready as fast and easily as possible! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Pie Garland via Martha Stewart
Last weekend of prep is upon us! Don't panic! You take care of the menu and we have got you covered when it comes to your tablescape. We were so excited to see lots of amazing inspiration out there but we narrowed it down to our top 3 picks. And to make your life easier we included shopping lists for each. So on your mark, get set, design!
Warm & Cozy
Our inspiration came straight out of the November issue Country Living Magazine! We fell in love with all the warm and personal touches brought to this table. Adding old family photos to each place setting is a great way to reminisce or remember the loved ones that can't be at your table this holiday season. All the different layers, patterns and colors make this tablescape perfect for the host and hostess that want to make their guests feel at home.
Yes, yes and yes! Everything about this look screams style! The tablescape is simple but keeps it's richness by combining hues of gold, silver and rose gold. A simple tea leaf garland and some pumpkins are all you need to complete this setup. Best part? This color palette is a great base for any occasion you need to set for. We love multiple uses!
Who says you need to stick with traditional oranges, reds and browns for your holiday gathering? We certainly don't! We are head over heals for this Casa de Perrin design. Both modern and eclectic this tablescape is a great way to shake things up and have your guests surprised! The best part is that you can have the family help paint the pumpkins and keep your kitchen free of chaos!
Thanksgiving is next week if you can believe it! As you finalize your decorations, guest lists and holiday menu, we are here to help! Our yummy (and we mean yummy!) Sparkling Apple Cider is the perfect addition to your holiday festivities. Easy to make and can be enjoyed by the whole family. Looks like you will need a cider bar at your holiday gathering!
- In a beverage dispenser (we love these dispensers!) combine mix 4 cups of apple cider, 1 cup white grape juice, 2 cups sparkling cider & 3 cups cranberry lime seltzer.
- In small bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar, 1.4 teaspoon all spice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, & a pinch of crushed clove. Once well mixed add directly to the beverage dispenser and give it a good stir.
- We like to add some diced apples to the beverage dispenser to make it look pretty!
- We serve each drink in a pretty glass and dress it with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.
It's that time of year again! Gathering of family and friends over food, drinks and laughs. We are so excited to share some holiday inspiration for your upcoming gathering. Parsimony Vintage was so excited when an amazing couple asked us to help them create a beautiful spread for their Thanksgiving holiday.
We were able to capture Adam and Andy's vision of a perfect New England dinner. Keeping the color scheme rustic we brought in a little glamour with gold and silver accents.
Hope this inspires your next holiday table. Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy new year!
Parsimony Vintage Family
Are you feeling like your Thanksgiving table needs a change? Tired of your typical autumn color palette? Then this post is for you! Let’s flip the table and try something different. Think rich colors like purples, reds and turquoise. And don’t forget our favorite color of the fall, mustard! Here are a few ideas to help change up your turkey day tablescape.
1. Do away with your traditional elements, try a paper runner instead of fabric. We love this runner from Hester and Cook with its beautiful design and pop of turquoise color.
2. Let your food speak for itself! Present your food on beautiful white platters that provide you with a blank slate to showcase that perfect turkey. We love this oversized oval platter from Bed Bath and Beyond. Don’t forget to use your 20% off coupon!
3. Bring the farm stand to your table. Replace your centerpiece with a thumb tack pumpkin (for inspiration, check out the pumpkin in our gold accent DIY post!) or use artichokes as name tag holders.
4. Don't be afraid to bring in pops of deep, rich hues with your lighter, earthier tones. They will add a sense of daring and sophistication.
5. Layer your patterns. Bring in a touch of fun with these funky printed J.C. Penny napkins.
6. Use wooden candle holders from Pier 1 to bring a touch of rustic to your table.
7. We love these wine glasses that bring just a touch of olive green to your design. Can’t beat the price either!
8. Flowers are a fantastic way to add life to your table. Fresh or Faux, no table is truly complete without them! Don't want to spend all that money? You can rent beautiful silk flowers here!
9. Bring it all together with simple mustard colored placemats.