Scarves are so much more than just an accessory for your neck. When it comes to scarves, there are endless options of how to elevate an outfit using a scarf. One that’s often overlooked, despite being so simple, it putting a scarf in your hair! Using a scarf in your hairstyle is not only eye catching but so customizable. You can choose from a variety of lengths, patterns, colors, and materials to get all different kind of looks. For example, if you’re going for a more bohemian look you could try a longer scarf with earth toned colors, or use a striking patterned scarf to spice up a monochromatic outfit. There are also so many different ways to style the scarves in your hair. You could simply tie the scarf around your head, braid it into your hair, or do a more advance wrap. With so many possibilities, it can be a bit overwhelming to narrow down what look you want to aim for. Luckily for you, we’ve got some inspiration to help you see what new looks you can try out!
You’ve picked your dress and your shoes, and now’s the time to focus on how to style your hair for your wedding day! There are a variety of hairstyles for all lengths, including using accessories or just going solo. Once you have your options in mind, it’s important to decide what style to focus on: up-do, half up, or all down.
Don’t want your hair getting in the way? Opt for an up-do! There are many classic ways to pull your hair back for your wedding day. Whether it be a simple, modern twist or up with a few stray curls, your hair will look fabulous and chic! Spruce your do up with some flowers, hair pins, or braids.
Still want your hair away from your face, but want to enjoy it being down? Having a half-up do is the perfect choice! You can let your hair loose all while keeping it intact and out of your face. Either pin it back with a hair pin or utilize braids and braid half back. The accessories and options are endless!
Let your hair down! Whether you have short or long hair, embrace those locks, let go, and have fun! Go simple with subtle waves, keep your hair straight, or even swoop it off to the side with a hair piece. Whatever you choose, you’ll look fabulous!
'Tis the season that keeps us busy but gives us reasons to dress up! We were feeling in a hair rut so we gathered our favorite hairstyles for this holiday season. From date night to your office party, we have you covered!
1. Brush hair out and part your hair down the middle.
2. Take each section and french braid the hair all the way down to the crown of your head. Tip! This can be difficult, our advice is to do this in the mirror so you can see the back of your head. Secure with an elastic at each end.
3. Once you have both sides braided, remove each elastic. Be sure to keep a hold of each section of hair and then combine the ends into one ponytail and secure with an elastic.
1. We’re going to start on the left side and work our way to the right. Take a small section of hair and secure it with an elastic, make sure it’s not too tight and that it looks how you want from the front before moving on.
2. Secure another small section right next to the first and tie it off with a clear elastic.
3. Spilt the tail of first section of hair in half.
4. Place the tail of the second section through the middle. Secure the tail with a duck bill clip.
5. Make a third section, just like the first two, except add the tails from the first section to it. Continue this process until you reach the other side of your head, about 5 or 6 sections.
6. Secure it with clear elastic.
7. Tug and pull on the sections of hair to add volume to the “braid”.
8. Once you’ve reached the other side of your head, add an elastic to the top section of hair and pull the bottom section up and through it. Continue the pull through braid down the tails of the hair.
9. Wrap the tail underneath the main horizontal braid and secure with a large roller pin or bobby pins.
10. Tug and pull on the sections of hair until it’s as big and fluffy as you’d like. Make sure to use enough hairspray and secure any pieces with bobby pins.
For full tutorial, see Twist Me Pretty.
We LOVE this look from Luxy! As they describe it "A little bit bohemian, effortless and feminine - this hairstyle is perfect for your holiday parties or any special event."
1. Add dry shampoo if your hair needs to have texture added.
2. Then, divide your hair into two sections, like you’re doing a half-updo. Back comb underneath the top half and smooth over the top. This will give you lift in the front.
3. Pin the newly teased section (make sure the top layer is smooth, to cover the mess) with a couple (or more, if you need them) of bobby pins. You can give the bump a little boost if you want – you don’t have to just rely on the teasing.
4. Divide the lower section into two parts and braid. Secure with small elastics.
5. Pull each braid to the opposite side of your head. Secure with bobby pins. You can tuck the ends underneath each braid.
For full tutorial, check out Keiko Lynn.