Here are three easy, fun and a little naughty V-Day dinner ideas, all in which use red wine as a main ingredient.
Start your night off with a little red wine sangria. Fresh, fruity and flirty! All you need is 1 bottle of red wine, and fruit of your choice! Apples, oranges, citrus, berries - the combinations are endless! For the best taste let the fruit and wine sit in the fridge overnight. This will infuse the fruitiness into the wine. For a spritzer, pour ¾ glass of sangria mix and ¼ glass of seltzer. So delicious!
Give this recipe a try: instead of boiling your pasta in water, try red wine. I LOVE this twist! Cooking the noodles in red wine gives them a different kind of sweetness, perfect for V-day. Just grab your favorite red; the wine you choose doesn’t have to be a cooking wine. Whatever tastes good to you, use it!
What you’ll need:
1 cup of sugar
¾ cup water
1 bottle of a fruity flavored wine (Merlot or Zinfandel would work great)
3 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
In a medium saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to a boil, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Once all of the sugar is dissolved remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture steep for 1 hour. Once fully cooled, pour the mixture into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Once processed there will be quite a few seeds in the mixture. All you have to do is pour the mixture through a mesh metal strainer and into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for overnight or until thoroughly chilled. The final step - scoop, serve and enjoy this beautifully delicious V-Day dessert!!!
These dishes are great for you and your loved ones to create together, whether it’s your hubby or your gal pals! Try them each one their own, or have all three – just make sure you’re not operating any heavy machinery this Valentine’s day ;)
It's that time of year again! Gathering of family and friends over food, drinks and laughs. We are so excited to share some holiday inspiration for your upcoming gathering. Parsimony Vintage was so excited when an amazing couple asked us to help them create a beautiful spread for their Thanksgiving holiday.
We were able to capture Adam and Andy's vision of a perfect New England dinner. Keeping the color scheme rustic we brought in a little glamour with gold and silver accents.
Hope this inspires your next holiday table. Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy new year!
Parsimony Vintage Family
Are you feeling like your Thanksgiving table needs a change? Tired of your typical autumn color palette? Then this post is for you! Let’s flip the table and try something different. Think rich colors like purples, reds and turquoise. And don’t forget our favorite color of the fall, mustard! Here are a few ideas to help change up your turkey day tablescape.
1. Do away with your traditional elements, try a paper runner instead of fabric. We love this runner from Hester and Cook with its beautiful design and pop of turquoise color.
2. Let your food speak for itself! Present your food on beautiful white platters that provide you with a blank slate to showcase that perfect turkey. We love this oversized oval platter from Bed Bath and Beyond. Don’t forget to use your 20% off coupon!
3. Bring the farm stand to your table. Replace your centerpiece with a thumb tack pumpkin (for inspiration, check out the pumpkin in our gold accent DIY post!) or use artichokes as name tag holders.
4. Don't be afraid to bring in pops of deep, rich hues with your lighter, earthier tones. They will add a sense of daring and sophistication.
5. Layer your patterns. Bring in a touch of fun with these funky printed J.C. Penny napkins.
6. Use wooden candle holders from Pier 1 to bring a touch of rustic to your table.
7. We love these wine glasses that bring just a touch of olive green to your design. Can’t beat the price either!
8. Flowers are a fantastic way to add life to your table. Fresh or Faux, no table is truly complete without them! Don't want to spend all that money? You can rent beautiful silk flowers here!
9. Bring it all together with simple mustard colored placemats.