With all this extra time at home, we’ve been making some updates to our most-used spaces. If you’re someone who’s working from home right now, your home office or workspace probably falls under that category! We wanted to create a simple yet aesthetically pleasing space to organize our thoughts. Enter the push pin board. Sure, you can easily buy a pre-made version, but the DIY version is super inexpensive, easy, and totally customizable. All of the materials you need should be available either for delivery or from curbside pick up at your local stores.
What You Need:
- Foam Insulation Board (we snagged 2!)
- Fabric of your choice (try curbside pick up from Joanne Fabrics!)
- Flat Head Thumb Tacks of your choice (we just went with gold)
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors and/or utility knife
- Decide how large you want your board to be. You need to determine this before you purchase your materials. We went with three feet by four feet. So, we grabbed two pieces of foam board and cut one down.
- Cut your foam board if needed. If you have multiple pieces like we did, secure them together with some hot glue.
- Next, you’re going to secure your fabric to the board. Make sure if you’re cutting the fabric down to size that you leave plenty of overhang on the back to glue down. Simply go around the perimeter of the board and secure it with hot glue in small sections.
- The final step is to add your pins. We measured ours out to be two inches apart for the entirety of the perimeter. You can choose to do them closer or further apart, or just free hand it if that’s your style too!
- If you’re struggling with how to hang your board on the wall, we went with some heavy duty command hooks! We chose the Velcro hooks so that we can easily adjust if it’s not straight on the first try, or if we want to take it down for any reason. Make sure you also get some additional push pins to hang your things with! Another optional idea is to add ribbon, either as a fun addition to the background, or to divide your board into sections.
See, we told you, super easy! The whole process shouldn’t take you more than an hour, and the finished product looks great. Make sure you tag us on social media if you make your own!