We are SO ready for spring! With that being said, we love a good springtime DIY. Why not share the fun with your girls? Today, we’re going over how to throw a fun little “make your own terrarium” party! Terrariums come in all shapes and sizes and are really quite easy to maintain, no matter what skill level you have when it comes to plants, you can keep a terrarium going! To host a make your own terrarium party, you really only need a few things. These fun DIYs are easy to keep on the inexpensive side, while still looking great and giving each person a unique result.
- Various sized and shaped glass containers
- Activated charcoal
- Rocks or pebbles
- Potting soil
- Choose your container container.
- Cover the bottom with an inch-thick layer of pebbles or rocks to create a false drainage system for the plant roots.
- Add a thin layer of activated charcoal. This keeps the water fresh, and prevents mold and bacteria from building up.
- Add a layer of potting soil. (They also make a special mix if you choose to use cacti and succulents instead of moss and ferns.)
- Place plants in the terrarium, starting with the largest plant first.
- Enjoy your beautiful new decor!
(Instructions are via Buzzfeed